Student Finance for academic year 2021-22
This blog was written by the Advice and Counselling Service at Queen Mary.
If you haven’t already done so, apply for your student finance for next year as soon as you can. Our Undergraduate Funding advice guide explains all the information you need to know including:
- how to apply
- the student finance income assessment
- maintenance loan amounts
- how to request a current year income assessment if your household income has dropped
- how to request a student finance income assessment if you don’t want to take the maintenance loan, but want to be assessed for the Queen Mary Bursary
If you are a medical or dental student, our detailed advice guide Funding for medical and dental students sets out the student finance and NHS funding you are eligible for.
We have specialist support for students who are not in contact with family (estranged) or are thinking of cutting contact with family, and for care experienced students. We can help you make your application for Student Finance, particularly if you need to confirm your circumstances to SFE.
We also have dedicated resources for students with individual circumstances which explain extra student finance funding that might be available for:
EU/EEA nationals can find advice about student finance funding on our EU/EEA Fees and Funding web page.
Postgraduate students can read our Postgraduate Funding advice for details about Master’s and Doctoral Loans.
Once you have read all our guidance, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or for help with your Student Finance application as where appropriate, and with your permission, we can advocate with SFE on your behalf.
- Read Next
- Focus on fraud: Money mules Bike Marking Event at Mile End The BIG green canal clean Genesis cinema trip: Dumb Money Your first week on campus Hot drinks initiative (BrewBox & Nucleus) 5 exciting ways to bond with your flatmates Your first day on campus Introduction to the Residences Reception How to use your keys and access card
- The Residential Services Online Shop How do I get my Residents' Rewards Card? Queen Mary Food pre-paid meal plans - ON SALE NOW! The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop How to contact Security at Queen Mary Aspire Point 101- Quick Guide to Aspire Point FAQs How to Report Maintenance Issues in Queen Mary Halls Cost of LIVING in London Introducing the Residential Welfare Team Guarantor scheme with Housing Hand