Receiving post to halls?
For Mile End halls in Westfield Way and the Student Village, lockers for deliveries are provided close to France House, which couriers are encouraged to use. All residents are uploaded using their name as entered during their application for halls into the system, if you use a variation of this on parcels, it can cause you not to be found in our system.
If your name needs adjusting, or you want to request that parcels are placed in the lower level lockers, please visit Residences Reception. You will be notified to your Queen Mary email if you have an item to collect, with an email from 'Parcel Pending'.
For halls at other locations, including Lindop House, Ifor Evans Place and Stocks court, to ensure your parcels are delivered safely and correctly, we would strongly advise you to include the following when you are ordering items online:
- Include your number on the delivery so the couriers can call you directly
- Include instructions (if possible) as to what the couriers should do once they reach your address
- Where possible get your parcels delivered to a Collect+ store or an Amazon Locker (see locations below)
- Take note of any 'out for delivery' emails and times provided on the day of delivery, often couriers deliver in 1 hour slots, so you can plan your day and be at home to receive the item
Parcels must be delivered directly to residents and not left in building entrances and foyers. This is a fire hazard and may result in being removed by the Residential Services Team for the safety of our students in halls.
To avoid this do not allow couriers into the building or foyer, instead, go down and meet the driver to collect your parcel, and unless you have made a prior arrangement with another resident, please do not sign for parcels on behalf of someone else.
Although parcels should not be left in the entrances of buildings, it might still occur. We strongly suggest that you and your flatmates coordinate with one another to check the entrance of your hall at least a few times a day and move any deliveries for residents of your flat to the flat itself. Your parcels will be much more secure if they’re picked up quickly and put outside your bedroom door instead of left lingering in the building entrance.
Also, the Residences Reception will unfortunately not accept your post for you, so please do not put this down as your address. This is why it is crucial to add the correct delivery details and contact number.
Please note: If any old post arrives in your post box there are 'Ex Residents' Post' bins in the foyers of your buildings where you can dispose of these.
Amazon Hub Locker - Falcon
Location: Queen Mary Students' Union, Students' Union Hub, London, E1 4NT
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 09:00 - 17:00
Amazon Hub Locker – Coborn Corner Store:
Location: 110 Coborn Road, London, E3 2DG
Opening hours: Mon-Sun: Open 24 hours
Amazon Hub Counter - Aariz Supermarket:
Location: 7-11 Wager Street, LONDON, E3 4JD
Opening hours: Mon-Sat: 07:00 - 22:30, Sun: 09:00 - 22:00
Amazon Hub Counter - Dhara News:
Location: 112 White Horse Lane, London, E1 4LR
Opening hours: Mon-Sun: 07:00 - 22:30
Location: 162 Roman Road, London, E2 0RY
Opening hours: Mon-Sun: 07:00 – 23:00
Royal Mail – Mile End:
Location: Unit 2 Bleadon House, 13 Burdett Road, Mile End, London, Greater London, E3 4TU
Opening hours: Mon-Fri: 09:00-18:00, Sat: 10:00-17:30, Sun: Closed
Royal Mail – Globe Road:
Location: 34 Globe Road, London, Greater London, E1 4DU
Opening hours: Mon-Fri: 09:00-17:30, Sat: 09:00-16:00, Sun: Closed
Royal Mail - Roman Road:
Location: 138 Roman Road, Bethnal Green, London, Greater London,E2 0RX
Mon: 09:00-12:30 * 13:30-16:30
Tue-Thur: 09:30-12:30 * 13:30-15:30
Fri: 09:00-12:30 * 13:30-16:30
- Read Next
- Telephone criminals targeting students How to grab a bargain when supermarket shopping Suhoor Meals for £1 International Women's Day - Movie Night with Queen Mary Venues Day trips from London International Careers Week 26 - 29 February - Get Involved! Deals to grab as a student Genesis Cinema Trip Sexual violence and the impact of trauma LGBTQ+ History Month Events and Initiatives
- The Residential Services Online Shop How do I get my Residents' Rewards Card? Queen Mary Food pre-paid meal plans - ON SALE NOW! The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop How to contact Security at Queen Mary Aspire Point 101- Quick Guide to Aspire Point FAQs How to Report Maintenance Issues in Queen Mary Halls Introducing the Residential Welfare Team Receiving post to halls? Guarantor scheme with Housing Hand