Sign up to be a Digital Creator today
The best way to enhance your CV while living in halls!
The Residential Life team is on the lookout for a new cohort of Digital Creators for the 2023-24 academic year.
If you’re creative, like producing video content, and would love a chance to have your work published on our website and social channels, why not become a Digital Creator for QM ResLife? This is a residents-only opportunity, so please only apply if you are currently living in Queen Mary accommodation.
What is a Digital Creator?
As a Digital Creator, we'll ask you to create content showing off aspects of your life at uni. This can be informative, fun, a recipe you love, a day in the life as a student – anything that will engage your fellow students and help them through their own journey at uni! You’ll be encouraged to create content for both Instagram and the Residential Life website following briefs on specific topics, but the team will also work with you to find out your interests, what you love, and why you like being a student at Queen Mary.
Don’t worry if you have limited experience - we provide training tools, detailed briefs and assistance along the way so you can produce quality content with minimal work. Also, it's not a full-time commitment, so it's completely up to you to decide when you want to work on a project. Make it fit your schedule, not the other way around!
Curious about what we do? Here are some of our most successful reels from last year:
The benefits of the Digital Creator Program
Digital Creators is a great opportunity to gain work experience in a professional content creation environment and develop your personal voice as a creative. Here are a few examples of the benefits you’ll get out of this program:
- You will develop your creativity, see projects through from start to finish, work with university platforms, and gain valuable experience in communications, social media management, and content creation. Needless to say, all these skills will enhance your CV significantly and give you a step up to enter creative industries after university.
- You’ll get the opportunity to show your personality on video and talk about your experiences, interests, and hobbies to our audience of 2300+ followers. You’ll get credit for all your work and will be able to share it on your personal platforms as well!
- With your new experience as a content creator and member of Residential Life, you’ll get to build relationships and even apply to progress into the role of Residential Assistant the following year!
To say thank you for the video content you produce, you will receive an Amazon voucher ranging from £10 - £30 depending on the piece of content.
How to get involved!
If you're interested and want to get involved in our team, please complete the form below and we will get in touch shortly!
- Read Next
- Telephone criminals targeting students How to grab a bargain when supermarket shopping Suhoor Meals for £1 International Women's Day - Movie Night with Queen Mary Venues Day trips from London International Careers Week 26 - 29 February - Get Involved! Deals to grab as a student Genesis Cinema Trip Sexual violence and the impact of trauma LGBTQ+ History Month Events and Initiatives
- The Residential Services Online Shop How do I get my Residents' Rewards Card? Queen Mary Food pre-paid meal plans - ON SALE NOW! The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop How to contact Security at Queen Mary Aspire Point 101- Quick Guide to Aspire Point FAQs How to Report Maintenance Issues in Queen Mary Halls Introducing the Residential Welfare Team Receiving post to halls? Guarantor scheme with Housing Hand