Diversity speaks mentoring group
UMO has an exciting opportunity for you to engage with some specialist mentoring.
Unlock your Talent, build confidence and tackle any difficulties you are facing whilst being at university and identifying from a Black Asian and Minority Ethnic Background.
Who can apply?
The programme is open to students who identify from a Black and Asian Minority Ethnic background.
What can I get out of it?
- Have the opportunity to meet in a group with a coach who also identifies from a Black and Asian Minority Ethnic background, if you choose, to discuss your difficulties.
- Get a significant boost in confidence and wellbeing to achieve your course and personal goals.
- Gain insight into identified issues impacting you and your studies.
- Face specific obstacles and develop strategies that are blocking your success.
- Feel inspired and encouraged to achieve your best.
What commitment is involved?
- Meet as a group for up to 10 sessions.
- Complete and return a confidential evaluation questionnaire.
How do I get involved?
If you are interested please sign up here.
- Read Next
- Chinese traditions: Spring Festival Get a free hot drink, on Endsleigh! Your Residential Welfare Team's guide to East London Associates Welcome Event Making the most of your Revision Breaks 5 ways to boost your focus £500 available for your sustainability ideas COMING SOON! – The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop Celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. Day Managing low mood during the winter months
- Your guide to Floyer House Starting university as an LGBTQ+ student Bloggers & Vloggers Wanted! Collect your Residents' Rewards Card How to contact Security at Queen Mary Our halls guest policy Working together to keep your bathroom and kitchen clean Chinese traditions: Spring Festival Get a free hot drink, on Endsleigh! Your Residential Welfare Team's guide to East London