Diversity speaks mentoring group
UMO has an exciting opportunity for you to engage with some specialist mentoring.
Unlock your Talent, build confidence and tackle any difficulties you are facing whilst being at university and identifying from a Black Asian and Minority Ethnic Background.
Who can apply?
The programme is open to students who identify from a Black and Asian Minority Ethnic background.
What can I get out of it?
- Have the opportunity to meet in a group with a coach who also identifies from a Black and Asian Minority Ethnic background, if you choose, to discuss your difficulties.
- Get a significant boost in confidence and wellbeing to achieve your course and personal goals.
- Gain insight into identified issues impacting you and your studies.
- Face specific obstacles and develop strategies that are blocking your success.
- Feel inspired and encouraged to achieve your best.
What commitment is involved?
- Meet as a group for up to 10 sessions.
- Complete and return a confidential evaluation questionnaire.
How do I get involved?
If you are interested please sign up here.
- Read Next
- Telephone criminals targeting students How to grab a bargain when supermarket shopping Suhoor Meals for £1 International Women's Day - Movie Night with Queen Mary Venues Day trips from London International Careers Week 26 - 29 February - Get Involved! Deals to grab as a student Genesis Cinema Trip Sexual violence and the impact of trauma LGBTQ+ History Month Events and Initiatives
- The Residential Services Online Shop How do I get my Residents' Rewards Card? Queen Mary Food pre-paid meal plans - ON SALE NOW! The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop How to contact Security at Queen Mary Aspire Point 101- Quick Guide to Aspire Point FAQs How to Report Maintenance Issues in Queen Mary Halls Introducing the Residential Welfare Team Receiving post to halls? Guarantor scheme with Housing Hand