What to do if you feel unwell or receive a positive Covid-19 test result
If you develop symptoms of Covid-19, contact Residences Reception immediately for advice at: email@example.com or by calling: 020 7882 6470. Residences Reception is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You should also notify the University by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you live in the same flat (household) as someone who tests positive, you will also need to self-isolate unless:
- You have been fully vaccinated within the UK more than 14 days prior to the positive case
- You are under the age of 18 years and 6 months
- You are taking part in authorised clinical trials for Covid-19
- There is a medical reason why you cannot be vaccinated
Residences Reception receive notification of a positive case, they will
email all of the residents within the flat (household) informing them
that they will need to self-isolate unless they inform us in writing
that one of the above applies.
All residents should continue to take regular lateral flow tests (twice weekly) and follow the guidance on the dedicated Queen Mary Coronavirus advice and update page.
- Read Next
- Chinese traditions: Spring Festival Get a free hot drink, on Endsleigh! Your Residential Welfare Team's guide to East London Associates Welcome Event Making the most of your Revision Breaks 5 ways to boost your focus £500 available for your sustainability ideas COMING SOON! – The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop Celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. Day Managing low mood during the winter months
- Your guide to Floyer House Starting university as an LGBTQ+ student Bloggers & Vloggers Wanted! Collect your Residents' Rewards Card How to contact Security at Queen Mary Our halls guest policy Working together to keep your bathroom and kitchen clean Chinese traditions: Spring Festival Get a free hot drink, on Endsleigh! Your Residential Welfare Team's guide to East London