Running tips around campus
Keeping fit is one of the most important ways of staying healthy and happy.
With indoor sports facilities closed and restrictions imposed on outdoor group exercising, running seems to be the best option to stay in shape. We are really spoilt for choice with outside areas to exercise around our campuses, so here are some of the closest and most scenic running routes in our area:
- Mile End Park 5K circuit following the Mile End Park Run Route (Park Run events are suspended until further notice but the route in the park remains open for anyone who needs a 5 km measured course)
- Regents Canal Towpath, a quiet and quirky route connecting Limehouse Basin in Docklands with Little Venice and running along our Mile End Campus
- Victoria Park, the People’s Park with its 4.5 km lap, a running cinder track on the west side, a quiet short loop in nearby Well Street Common and an open-air gym on Wennington Green.
Please remember when exercising outdoors:
- Avoid running after dark and always wear reflective clothing
- Stay alert to your surroundings
- Do not wear headphones
- Let someone know where you are going (this can be your flatmate!)
- Run with a partner (this can be your flatmate too!)
- Do not run too close to others, maintain social distancing measures
- Keep focused on your run, ignore anyone calling out to you but shout if you feel uncomfortable to attract attention.
Stay safe and have fun!
This post was written by the Queen Mary Security Team.
- Read Next
- Telephone criminals targeting students How to grab a bargain when supermarket shopping Suhoor Meals for £1 International Women's Day - Movie Night with Queen Mary Venues Day trips from London International Careers Week 26 - 29 February - Get Involved! Deals to grab as a student Genesis Cinema Trip Sexual violence and the impact of trauma LGBTQ+ History Month Events and Initiatives
- The Residential Services Online Shop How do I get my Residents' Rewards Card? Queen Mary Food pre-paid meal plans - ON SALE NOW! The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop How to contact Security at Queen Mary Aspire Point 101- Quick Guide to Aspire Point FAQs How to Report Maintenance Issues in Queen Mary Halls Introducing the Residential Welfare Team Receiving post to halls? Guarantor scheme with Housing Hand