Running tips around campus
Keeping fit is one of the most important ways of staying healthy and happy.
With indoor sports facilities closed and restrictions imposed on outdoor group exercising, running seems to be the best option to stay in shape. We are really spoilt for choice with outside areas to exercise around our campuses, so here are some of the closest and most scenic running routes in our area:
- Mile End Park 5K circuit following the Mile End Park Run Route (Park Run events are suspended until further notice but the route in the park remains open for anyone who needs a 5 km measured course)
- Regents Canal Towpath, a quiet and quirky route connecting Limehouse Basin in Docklands with Little Venice and running along our Mile End Campus
- Victoria Park, the People’s Park with its 4.5 km lap, a running cinder track on the west side, a quiet short loop in nearby Well Street Common and an open-air gym on Wennington Green.
Please remember when exercising outdoors:
- Avoid running after dark and always wear reflective clothing
- Stay alert to your surroundings
- Do not wear headphones
- Let someone know where you are going (this can be your flatmate!)
- Run with a partner (this can be your flatmate too!)
- Do not run too close to others, maintain social distancing measures
- Keep focused on your run, ignore anyone calling out to you but shout if you feel uncomfortable to attract attention.
Stay safe and have fun!
This post was written by the Queen Mary Security Team.
- Read Next
- 10 ways to enjoy your time in London Outdoor Cinema: Halloween Special - CASPER Outdoor Yoga Take part in our student study Independent Students Support Group Safe Spaces Introduction to Campus Games Stocks Court Game Night Aspire Point Game Night Postgraduate Games Nights
- Your guide to Floyer House Starting university as an LGBTQ+ student Bloggers & Vloggers Wanted! Collect your Residents' Rewards Card How to contact Security at Queen Mary Our halls guest policy Working together to keep your bathroom and kitchen clean 10 ways to enjoy your time in London Outdoor Cinema: Halloween Special - CASPER Outdoor Yoga