Period Equality at Queen Mary
As a Queen Mary student, free period products are provided to you from several locations on campus. These are being provided to support both staff and students with their menstrual health and reduce the impact of period poverty.
In the current cost of living crisis, period poverty is becoming an increased issue, with those who menstruate facing issues with the affordability of period products alongside the rise of costs of other products.
Queen Mary is also currently working towards providing reusable period products.
Where to find free period products on Queen Mary Campuses
- Mile End Library – First floor gender neutral toilets
- Francis Bancroft Building – Ground Floor gender neutral toilet
- Maths building – Upper first floor women’s toilet
- Arts One – Ground floor women’s toilet
- Graduate Centre – second floor women’s toilet & seventh floor women’s toilet
- Whitechapel Library – Basement women’s toilet
- West Smithfield Library – Basement accessible toilet
- Garrod building – Ground floor accessible toilet
- The Shield – accessible toilet
For financial support information, visit the Advice & Counselling website. Welfare Advisers can provide confidential and professional money advice to all Queen Mary students.
- Read Next
- Be Social at QM Social - Opening Monday 4 December 2023! Halls December Events Calendar New Year’s Eve Fireworks Movie Night Secret Santa Gift Exchange Southbank Winter Lights & Market Christmas Crafts at the Yurt Music at Queen Mary || Winter Concert Queen Mary Vibes - Win a £30 Voucher for Sharing Your Vibe 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence 2023
- The Residential Services Online Shop How do I get my Residents' Rewards Card? Queen Mary Food pre-paid meal plans - ON SALE NOW! The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop How to contact Security at Queen Mary Residents’ Winter Ball Tickets Aspire Point 101- Quick Guide to Aspire Point FAQs How to Report Maintenance Issues in Queen Mary Halls Introducing the Residential Welfare Team Receiving post to halls?