Keep it down! Noise levels in halls
The Residential Welfare Team would like to remind all residents that one of the most important things to be mindful of when living with others is noise levels.
There will inevitably be unavoidable levels of background noise when living with others however, being considerate of your fellow residents will mean residences are a more enjoyable place for all to live.
Here are some ways to ensure you keep the noise to a minimum...
- Always keep your voices to a minimum and any music to a reasonable level. Bass notes on audio equipment including on phones can be especially disturbing
- Noise travels more at night and through open windows, therefore, be mindful of your surroundings and whether you are being unreasonably loud during later hours
- Do not slam doors and run through corridors in flats, including communal areas such as interconnecting corridors, stairwells, and entrance blocks
- Make an active effort to reduce noise such as using headphones late at night and early in the morning
- Always be considerate and do not congregate in communal areas whether inside or outside
If you are disturbed by noise, you should at first talk to those responsible but if the disturbance continues, please don't hesitate to contact your halls Security Team who will be able to assist you.
Should Security speak to you following a noise complaint, please respond in a positive manner and provide your details, you should have your Student ID with you at all times.
If you continue to cause noise disturbances, these will be dealt with in accordance with the Residences Disciplinary Procedure which may result in disciplinary sanctions and charges being issued. Further information regarding noise and the Residences Disciplinary Procedure can be found on pages 16, 21 & 22 of the Residents’ Handbook.
Finally, don't forget- the Guest Policy as it stands means you can only have one guest at any given time.
Have fun but be mindful of your fellow residents!
- Read Next
- The Greatest Show Campus Games: Fun Olympics Climate Crisis: Let Us Stop Wasting Water Bottomless Brunch Mental Health Awareness Week 2022 Security Updates from the Whitechapel Campus Looking for storage for your stuff? Your free exam planner Feeling stressed during exams? Halls May Events Calendar
- Free hot drinks for residents every week How to contact Security at Queen Mary NOW OPEN: The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop The Residential Services Online Shop Collect your Residents' Rewards Card Leaving us in June? We need your help! Free Pizza @ East Village THE guide to doing laundry at Queen Mary Introducing the Residential Welfare Team Our halls guest policy