International students: What to bring to uni
Soon you will be making the big move from home to Queen Mary University!
But first, have you figured out what you will need to bring with you?
Here are some essentials you'll NEED to remember:
- Medication (you could get this in the UK too) - don't forget you'll also need to register with a doctor when you get here!
- Photos from home
Most other items can be bought once you arrive, which will save you some luggage space:
- Bedding (pillows, quilt, sheets)
- Warm clothes
- Sports kit
- Cleaning items
- Kitchen utensils
- Waterproof raincoat, this is Britain after all...
- Coffee, tea, mugs, food
There are also some things that you CAN'T bring to uni, so make sure you take a look at the list below to check what you'll be allowed:
- Rice cookers or chip fryers
- Candles, incense sticks, tea lights
- Smoking equipment, such as pipes and ashtrays
- Dartboards or weapons of any kind (real or replicas - don't bring them)
Now, all that's left to do is to get packing!
- Read Next
- Settling in advice for new students The Story of Queenie Genesis: Summer of Cinema – Nope Leaving us in September? Keep an eye on your inbox as we need your help Student insurance: Check you're covered Eniola's what to pack Sustainability Week activities How to use your kitchen appliances Your guide to Sherren House Make a splash at these London Lidos!
- The Residential Services Online Shop How to contact Security at Queen Mary The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop THE guide to doing laundry at Queen Mary Aspire Point 101- Quick Guide to Aspire Point FAQs Collect your Residents' Rewards Card Cost of LIVING in London Introducing the Residential Welfare Team Working together to keep your bathroom and kitchen clean Meet the Residential Life Team