How to Deal with Your Unwanted Items Before You Leave Halls
Moving out of halls?
If you were unable to donate your unwanted items to the Queen Mary Student Unions’ Re-use Fair during our collection period this spring, here are some alternative places you can go to and some practical advice to help you deal with them in the most sustainable way.
You can post your items on free give-away platforms to be collected:
Duvets and Pillows
Unfortunately, whilst we encourage you to give away duvets and pillows via the above platforms, duvets and pillows are not widely recycled. Instead, you should dispose of it in your household waste bin, or at your local recycling center.
We are currently not aware of charities accepting duvets and pillows.
London Recycles is a great website to find out about all your recycling needs. This is a great way to find out about recycling electronics or other items you might not be sure about.
- Find your local recycling center
- Find out what to do with a certain item using their search tool
- Find out about local recycling services offered
Clothes, shoes, and bags
Several charities and organisations will offer free collection or postage of clean, wearable clothes:
- Collect my clothes
- Traid - Free Clothes Collection
- British Heart Foundation – free postage of items
Donating your unwanted items can be super simple, make sure to check out all the options available before just putting everything in the bin!
- Read Next
- Be Social at QM Social - Opening Monday 4 December 2023! Halls December Events Calendar New Year’s Eve Fireworks Movie Night Secret Santa Gift Exchange Southbank Winter Lights & Market Christmas Crafts at the Yurt Music at Queen Mary || Winter Concert Queen Mary Vibes - Win a £30 Voucher for Sharing Your Vibe 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence 2023
- The Residential Services Online Shop How do I get my Residents' Rewards Card? Queen Mary Food pre-paid meal plans - ON SALE NOW! The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop How to contact Security at Queen Mary Residents’ Winter Ball Tickets Aspire Point 101- Quick Guide to Aspire Point FAQs How to Report Maintenance Issues in Queen Mary Halls Introducing the Residential Welfare Team Receiving post to halls?