Get to know your Queen Mary Security Service
At Queen Mary, we're proud to have such a diverse Security Team taking care of our safety and security on campus.
You may not have thought about it before but did you know that your Security Team contribute to the diverse community we have here at Queen Mary?
No? Well, here are some other facts you might not have known about the Security Department.
- They come from a wide range of countries and together, speak 23 languages!
- Two-thirds of the team belong to minority ethnic groups
- There is a wide range of ages, with some really long-serving members of staff. Some Security Officers have been with the University for 20 years!
- 25% of the team are female (the industry average is 9%)
Remember, Security Services operate 24/7/365 from the three Control Rooms in Mile End, Whitechapel and Charterhouse Square. Their main focus is to maintain a safe and secure environment for all students, staff and visitors. But don't forget, there are things YOU can do to help to ensure our campuses are safe and secure, take a look.
Next time you're on campus, be sure to give them a wave!
- Read Next
- Focus on fraud: Money mules Bike Marking Event at Mile End The BIG green canal clean Genesis cinema trip: Dumb Money Your first week on campus Hot drinks initiative (BrewBox & Nucleus) 5 exciting ways to bond with your flatmates Your first day on campus Introduction to the Residences Reception How to use your keys and access card
- The Residential Services Online Shop How do I get my Residents' Rewards Card? Queen Mary Food pre-paid meal plans - ON SALE NOW! The Queen Mary Zero Waste Shop How to contact Security at Queen Mary Aspire Point 101- Quick Guide to Aspire Point FAQs How to Report Maintenance Issues in Queen Mary Halls Cost of LIVING in London Introducing the Residential Welfare Team Guarantor scheme with Housing Hand